When I left school I went to train at the Lillian McNeil School of Dancing in Glasgow. It was a three year course in ballet (mainly) but we also did tap and modern dance. During my three years I obtained the following:-
- Elementary in the Royal Academy of Dance
- Intermediate in the Royal Academy of Dance and passed the exam with a commended mark
- Associate in the Scottish Dance Teachers Alliance in Stage
- Associate with the BATD in Stage
- Imperial Society of Teachers of Dancing Associate
On completion of my time training with Jillian McNeil I continued to update my qualifications all of which were gained through the British Association of Dance Teachers (BATD) in the areas and levels of:-
- Stage (Member)
- Modern Dance (Associate)
- Modern Dance (Member)
- Ballet (Associate)
- Highland (Associate)
I was recently awarded a Life Membership with the BATD in recognition of my services to dance.
I have always had a passion for dance especially the field of Ballet and because of this I and my school are committed to ensuring that dance is taught properly. Following a curriculum with a widely recognised association and ensuring that my qualifications are up to date guarantees this commitment and ensures that pupils are able to progress.